Wednesday 19 November 2008

Loving Don't Come Free


Here’s the lyrics to a song written in 1973


Loving Don’t Come Free


Under the neon street lights
When the sun’s gone down
Look at the faces of all the people
Walking round the town
One of them is my girl
The girl I left behind
Like a needle in a haystack
I guess I‘ll never find

I looked in all the places
Where we used to go
Drinkin’ heavy at our table
Hoping that she’d show
Feeling kinda lonely
Needed company
Took a walk down to the district
Where the loving don’t come free


Riding on a fast train
That was outward bound
Now there’s nothing going for me
Back in that old town
Where my search has ended
With the face I see
Under street lights in the district
Where the loving don’t come free

Jon Bratton copyright 1973

You have the tunes, I supply you with the words. Only when the completed song is published and earns royalties, or any other monetary return, will appropriate royalties, per the industry standard, become payable to me, the copyright owner Jon Bratton

No comments: