Saturday 29 November 2008

Death Remembrance Poems


Daniel Brown


Death remembrance poems are commonly searched for but not well provided so I've dug out these sad words I wrote about an orphan's remembrance of an old man who took an interest in him and influenced him to the good



Daniel Brown was a dear old man
Some would say just an 'also ran'
He wore a dirty mac and an old flat cap
And I never knew him take a bath
He was a special friend of mine
I was young - he was out of time
I was drifting off the rails
He put me back in line

Nearly blind, but he could see
That an orphan boy like me
Needs a hand, not life that's planned
By society
Mr Dan was just in time
To save me from a life of crime
Perhaps, it's fate but now I'm straight
Any credit's his not mine

Middle Eight

Life had scribbled on his face
Life had worn his body down
Not a pretty sight to see
But Daniel Brown meant all the world to me

I can see his wrinkled brow
When I left, I regret it now
All he needed desperately
Was some company
He wasn't much the world would say
He was all alone when he passed away
No one noticed, no one cried
Daniel Brown, why did you have to die?
Jon Bratton copyright 1975


You have the tunes, I supply you with the words. Only when the completed song is published and earns royalties, or any other monetary return, will appropriate royalties, per the industry standard, become payable to me, the copyright owner Jon Bratton

No comments: