Friday 2 January 2009

What Should I Write in an Anniversary Card to my Very Old Spouse

Old Love Poem



To husband from wife


When you were in your younger days,
And you were your svelte self,
Your belt was round your waist
Now it sits below your shelf.


Now that you're more mature,
Why not set your body free;
Seek the comfort of elastic
Where once your waist would be.


To wife from husband


When you were in your younger days,
You weighed a few pounds less,
You needn't hold your tummy in
To wear a belted dress.


But now that you are older,
You can set your body free;
There's the comfort of elastic
Where once your waist would be.


And how about those tights you wear
They're sized by weight, I see,
So that explains why the crotch
Is down below the knee


Universal ending


You now need to wear glasses
As the prints are getting smaller;
And it wasn't very long ago
I know that you were taller.


But though your hair has turned to grey
And your skin no longer fits,
On the inside, you're the same old you,
And I love you still, to bits.

By Jon Bratton 2005
but based on some sentiments by others, unknown
*****
When I said "I do", I didn't mean everything!!!
*****
Or I like this quote
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'" Author Unknown


Want to view more?



1 comment:

rose said...

oh I have red most of these ditties nd you hve hd me in fits of laughter,more plese!!