Saturday 31 January 2009

Valentine Verse


Old-Fashioned Valentine Verse

Here's a Valentine Verse that's been around forever

I asked God for a rose and he gave me a garden.
I asked God for a drop of water and he gave me a lake.
I asked God for an angel and he gave me you
Be my Valentine

Another classic Valentines Verse

If I could change the alphabet,
I‘d put U and I together!

Words begin with ABC.
Numbers begin with 123.
Music begins with do, re, mi.
And love begins with you and me!

If I could be any letter in the alphabet,
I'd choose "v" so I can be next to "u"

If you could be any note,
I’d like you to be"re"
So you're always next to "me"

Yet another St. Valentine's Verse that's been around the block

I love you, I love you, I love you almighty!
I wish your pajamas were next to my nightie!
Now dont be mistaken... dont be misled...
I mean on the clothes line not on the bed!!

A Valentine Verse of old

I love you not because of who you are,
But because of who I am
When I am with you.

Valentine Poetry


A Valentine PoetryVerse your Grandmother used


If, out of time, I could pick one moment
And keep it shining, always new,
Of all the days that I have lived,
I'd pick the moment I met you.


A Valentine Verse that's stood the test of time


Nobody tells
Fish to swim,
Birds to fly,
Cows to moo,
Dogs to bark
They just do.
Nobody tells me
To love you.
I just do!

A Valentine Poem that started life as a Carpenters song

Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.


Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.


This is the last of the old time Valentine Verses for now


Love is like a golden chain
That links our hearts together
And if you ever break that chain
You’ll break my heart forever
Love is like a cloud
Love is like a dream
Love is one word
And everything in between
Love is a fairytale come true
I found love when I found you.


©
This 'Valentine Verse' blog entry is copyright Jon Bratton 2009.
This material is free to use for personal use but may not be lifted in whole or part by website publishers

No comments: